Today it was nice start of the day when i seen that magento has launched latest stable version that is 22.214.171.124. In new version,
* They have provided most awaited WYSIWUG editor with easy static block implementation for CMS and product pages.
* They also have now support “media” folder browsing to select existing file or upload images from admin panel itself rather then uploading images through FTP.
* From the first use of this latest version, I feel lots of speed improvement in website loading. Now they have started supporting indexing
There are other lots of changes they have made like
- Implemented 3D Secure credit card validation (Visa and Mastercard)
- Full reimplementation of PayPal modules, includes lot of new functionality and numerous bugfixes
- Full review of frontend themes, introduced design cross-package fallback and the base/default theme. Includes SEO and accessibility enhancements. Changes are oriented to dramatically reduce themes maintenance.
- Added ability to define arbitrary cache backends
- Optimized performance of sales reports, added new sales report types
- Added image/media uploader/browser, that can browse entire media folder
- Optimized performance of search indexer
- Made order processing workflow more informative and severe
- Reimplemented 404 and report pages, introduced 503 page, specifically for maintenance purposes
- Added Widgets functionality, added several widgets out of the box
- Added Custom Variables functionality
- Added lot of new System Configuration options
- Improved order placement reliability
- Added WYSIWYG for CMS and Catalog
- Optimized cache initialization during startup
- Optimized export from grids in admin area
- Improved tax and discount totals calculation
- Replaced admin notification flash popup into a simple HTML overlay
- Implemented product and category URLs per store view
- Added ability to configure entry point using virtualhost environment configuration, rather than creating another physical entry point
- Optimized simple product view without custom options
Now we are very excited to start working on this latest version. we shortly add our latest portfolio website in magento 1.4 version.